Scrap the plan which is I will apply for a PNRC Volunteer. I won't be able to render my service to them since I prioritize this IV training because most hospitals consider this as a prerequisite upon hiring you as their nurse.
September 28 - 30 , 2010
October 5 - 7 ,2010
12 - 14 , 2010
19 - 21 , 2010
26 - 28, 2010
These where the dates where I can be able to be trained as an IV therapy nurse.
If I would be assigned in a slot on the 5th of October, well. Chances will be I would start studying now.
Today is 26th of September. Actually, a really good Sunday. Tomorrow will be the anniversary of typhoon Ondoy! So it vividly made me recall what I have gone through, going to night duty in the Mandaluyong Medical Center wherein, when we were dismissed at 6am, I am waiting for a damp truck to pass by Rotonda, Pasig so I would safely arrive at home. Have with me my slippers to prepare for a soaked situation on Greenwoods Avenue. Nagpalit pa ko sa guard house. Nakawhite kasi ako na uniform. Nakastockings kaya un. Ang sagwa kasi maghubad nuon sa daan. Kaya sa guard house na lang.
Why study for IVT? Here's the reason:
Basic IVT Training grading
Each participant will be rated accordingly:
- Didactic (Pre-test, Post-test) – 50%
- Practicum (Return Demonstration) – 50%
Syempre, ayoko magremoval exam! (I don't like to have a removal examination) Shame on me, if I would fail.
IVT Training lecture days
The following are what you can expect during IVT Training lecture and demonstration days:
- Concepts in IVT (24 hours didactic lectures)
- Demonstration of skills (return demonstration) in access-related situations (practicum utilizing Procedures I-IV checklist as the framework for providing safe IVT practice)
- Pre-test and post-test
- Course evaluation (the trainers and the IVT Training program as a whole will be evaluated by the trainees)
After the didactic phase of the IVT training, each participant is required to show competency in the following procedures:
- Initiating and maintaining peripheral IV therapy infusions
- Administering IV drugs
- Administering and maintaining blood and blood components
- Preparing and maintaining Total Parenteral Nutrition
- One-on-One IV insertion under the direct supervision of a trainer/preceptor
I LOVE YOU GOD! I KNOW YOU WILL BE WITH ME ON THIS TRAINING! BE WITH ME ON THIS CHALLENGE LORD JESUS, I LOVE YOU!